I decided to go paperless with my Christmas cards this year .... so please accept this as a Christmas card from me
I wrote this little jingle to summarise the year!
In the first month of this year,
Sam (my brother) came to visit me in London
He had been travelling around South America
In the second month of this year
We went to Morocco for some summer sun
We caught the train between Marrakesh, Casa, Rabat and Fez
And my brother came with me
In the third month of this year
I stayed in London, while Sam walked through Spain
We had been to Morocco
My brother and I
In the forth month of this year
I was in NZ briefly, mainly so the Easter Bunny could find me
Sam was in Spain
We had been to Morocco
My brother and I
In the fifth month of this year
The UK had two bank holidays
One saw me in Porto, the other in the Borderlands
NZ was becoming a distant memory
Sam was in Spain
We had been to Morocco
My Brother and I
In the sixth month of this year
I went to visit my aunt and uncle in Washington DC
We had had two bank holidays
Memories of NZ were being replaced
Sam was back on my floor in London
Our summer tans from Morocco were being topped up
My Brother and I
In the seventh month of this year
It was time to pack my boxes
Obama still hadn't called to ask me for dinner
We had had two bank holidays
NZ was becoming a distant memory
Sam was back in London
We had been to Morocco
My Brother and I
In the eighth month of this year
Mum was in London
We spent two weeks driving around England and Scotland looking at Graves
My boxes were almost packed
Obama .. who's he?
The Port from Porto was tempting me
NZ ... did I go there this year already?
Sam was having fun driving the Mercades
Morocco was becoming a distant memory
For my Brother and me
In the ninth month of this year
I was in India on a steep learning curve
Mum and Sam were back in Island Bay
My boxes were having a holiday of their own on a ship somewhere on the shipping route between UK and NZ
I was pleased I had been to Washington cos I knew what the Americans were talking about
I had happy memories of Porto and Leominster
NZ was calling me again ...soon NZ soon
Sam was printing off pics from his travels
I was longing to see my Moroccan bowls
My Brother and I
In the tenth month of this year
I was sunning myself on a beach in Goa enjoying the festival of lights - Diwali
India was not such a steep learning curve
Sam and Mum had acquired a puppy
My boxes had arrived in NZ
Washington was becoming a memory
Porto and Leominster were memories
It was almost time to pack my bags for NZ
Sam was threatening me that I would have to sleep on the couch
Morocco was a distant memory
For my Brother and I
In the eleventh month of this year
It was time to say goodbye to India and hello to NZ
I wished I was still in Goa
I had learnt a lot in India
Bolt was becoming my friend much to Mum and Sam's horror
My boxes were unpacked
Washington ... had I been there this year?
Porto and Leominster ... had I been there this year?
NZ ... had I been there already this year?
Sam had gone to live in Franz Josef
Morocco ... had we been there this year?
My Brother and I
In the twelth month of this year
everything fell into place
I stopped talking like I was still in India
I was still wishing I was in Goa
My learnings from India don't really work in NZ
I took Bolt to have her piccy taken with Santa
I enjoyed having all my stuff back especailly my clothes!
I could see my Washington aunt and uncle
I wished I could see my Porto and Leominster buddies
NZ was as good as ever
Sam was glacier climbing in Franz Josef
Morocco ... was a dream
For my Brother and I
Wishing you all a fantastic festive season, for whatever it is you celebrate
Especially a Merry Christmas for all you waiting for Santa to arrive
Wishing you a Safe, Happy and Prosperous New Year
May 2010 be all you Wish and Hope for
For me it brings new beginings ... and back to study eeek!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment